Today begins the Last Quarter of 2020…a devastating year that will not be forgotten.
Life so far has managed to continue in our ‘Hood with Covid behavior modifications…
Social Distancing Birthday Celebrations…
When outside wildfire air quality & temperature permits, many escape into their yards and gardens. I, for one, noticed a very unusual black & yellow violet plant one day…
CLCIK ON PHOTO TO ACTIVATE GALLERY!
What will the future hold?
Unfortunately we will have to wait and endure whatever comes as 2020 succumbs and 2021 takes over. In my view, 2020 has merely set the stage tor even more challenging times ahead. Whatever the “new normal” may turn out to be, it will not be the same as before.
Think of the future as a Dynamic Puzzle without an image….where additional blank pieces are added as you work to complete it. Yes, you can put it together by eventually matching the pieces thrown at you…but the final image will not appear for many many years…
REVIEW MY THREE PRIOR 2020 POSTS ON OUR TIMES FOR A DEMONSTRATION AS TO HOW MY PERSPECTIVES QUICKLY CHANGED
- Ah…Another Petaluma New Year & Decade! Past Is Prologue?
- A Rowdy Petaluma Takes On Covid-19
- Scene(s) Of Our Pandemic & Endemic Times
Also see…August 20. 2020 The Mercury News ‘COVID-geddon’? A look at the dueling California wildfire, coronavirus crises
Posts this year have been at the start of each quarter–attempting to look ahead as opposed to reporting on the past quarter.
- This post was set up on September 6, 2020 for publication on October 1st. The outside temperature was 112 degrees as I finished setting up the post!
- By September 9th the skies were covered with smoke and haze from all the West Coast Fires…
It was so dark during the day that the outside light sensors on our house thought it was nighttime!
- On September 18th listeners to KQED were invited to submit six word story summaries of their last six months. Here are a few I managed to write down…including the last one from God.
Tuning out parents…Hiding under earphones
Finally met neighbors after eight years
Slowly turning into a technological potato
Stay home don’t touch don’t breathe
Now my job is to survive
I feel like a hooked fish
Gave birth but now missing life
Brown leaves. Red sky. California burning
You look better in a mask
My sister died. I wasn’t there
Behind my mask I remain hopeful
Hibernation longer than most Grizzly Bears
Playing chess with friends by computer
“Don’t make me come down there”
Hope to see you all again in 2021!
At least by then the Elections will be over!
They will be over, won’t they??
If not, they may become a Social/Political Endemic Pandemic overpowering the others before us!